* I woke up early this morning worried about my blogging friends. Even though I’ve been absent, I think of you guys. So I got out of bed at the crack to check blogs and see w’assup. My husband was all, “what are YOU doing up?” A summer sighting before 9am is concerning to him — or another opportunity to mock my summer hours. Either way, Dear, you’re welcome for making coffee.
* Lately, my summer indulgence is reruns of “Sex and the City.” As soon as everyone goes to bed, I creep downstairs and curl up with HBO on Demand. Now older, I fully appreciate Mr. Big. When I was in my thirties, I did not get the Big deal. Now I like, love the guy.
* I’m interested in summer reading recommendations. I just started “Little Bee” based on an urgent text to “run, not walk, to the bookstore to get this book.” Anyone? Any others I must read?
* Last week, my husband and I rented the miniseries “John Adams.” Run, do not walk, to the store to get this one. Utterly absorbing and provocative. In fact, the other night, I was up late Googling Thomas Jefferson. I think Thomas Jefferson was hot. I might have to plan a trip to Monticello next summer — just to snoop around a bit. Anyone with gossip on TJ, please deposit here. Tom is now my Mr. Big.
Anyway, in the second half of the series, John Adams gets old. And his aging is well depicted – right down to his nasty, black teeth and spotty face. In his old age, people he loves die first. My husband and I were both speechless with the same realization: We, too, are headed into the latter half. Someone will be going first.
* And so age has been on my mind. Then yesterday, I took a few photos of some hosta blossoms. I was trying to be more aware, do more of that “live in the present” stuff.
Afterall, it’s summer — and at present, things are not too bad, my friends.
10 thoughts on “Bits and Pieces”
So that was YOU with all the psychic vibrations waking me at waytooearly o’clock this morning…!??!
Thanks – I wouldn’t have made it to the gym without you 🙂
Yay, you hot blogger. Get ready — New York, New York…
i have been wrestling with the whole “we’re all mortal” concept since i found out my mom has ALS. thankfully i have a lot to keep me in the now.
Oh dear. What a reminder. Gosh, I’m so sorry — and inspired by your brightness. Keep on.
Well, hello there! I too was not able to sleep last night and was up at the crack of dawn surfing the net with my hubby in the background asking what I could find so interesting at such an unGodly hour.
It’s true! The older I get, the hotter I find Mr. Big!!
I loved Mr. Big even when he was an asshole. But, clearly, I have issues.
P.S. I missed you. Don’t stay away too long.
Hey, been doing a lot of reading this summer. Mostly light and quick. I read the Janet Evanovich series about bounty hunter, Stephanie Plum. Had me laughing which is a good thing this summer. But have read some more serious books.
Becca got me into these. Remember Amy Tan who authored “The Joy Luck Club”? Well, we have read 2 more of her books, “The Bonesetters Daughter” and “Saving Fish from Drowning”. She’s a fantastic story teller. Also, have you read “Help”? about the slaves in the South. Very thought provoking.
Just got “Eat, Pray, Love” from the librabry. I’ve just started but looking forward to a great read.
Have a good rest of the summer.
Thanks for sharing. Still love your stories – keep ’em coming!!
Execellent to have you in such high spirits 🙂
Love your post, your honesty, and for the way you make me feel like I’m sitting across the table from you enjoying a Coke. John Adams is now on my list and I stand applauding your photos!! The beach picture is stunning. You should enter it in a summer contest! Really beautiful 🙂
omg! i love this photo! 🙂 so happy i stumbled across your blog! 🙂 love it!!!